Meet The Author
For Kathy Elstad, a retired, first grade teacher, teaching children the love of reading and writing has been her passion for over 20 years.
Since witnessing the joy a book can give a child, Kathy has dreamt of writing such a book. She hopes that The Long-Legged Turtle will bring joy to many children.
Kathy lives with her husband, Duane, in Oswego, IL. Kathy and Duane have 4 children and 10 grandchildren (5 of whom are characters in the story). They are the loves of her life–along with Long Legs.
Invite Kathy to your school or special event
Kathy loves encouraging and inspiring children to write, but, also to LOVE to write!
Here are some programs. Kathy would love to come to your school, organization or business.
- Book reading and signing
- Parent Night
- Talking to children about LifeBooks and the writing process – based on Lucy Calkins
- Elementary School Presentations based on The Long Legged Turtle
- Elementary School Presentations based on I Love Being Me!
- Plant a Seed, Grow a Story – a writing workshop for kids
- Plant a Seed, Grow a Story – a writing workshop for teachers
She loves creating! If your school/organization/business is looking for something different, Kathy will be happy to work with you to create a program that meets your needs.
Her goal is to inspire writing and the LOVE of writing in children!